The Minneapolis tree sale opened city-wide on March 21 and trees sold out quickly. Thank you to everyone for their interest in the 11th Annual Minneapolis Tree Sale!
Pick-up for trees purchased in the Minneapolis City Trees Sale will occur in May (dates listed below) at the Minneapolis Impound Lot (51 Colfax Ave N). All trees must be picked up on the designated pick-up dates. Trees which are not picked up will be planted in a city designated public area. No refunds will be given.
- Saturday, May 21, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday, May 22, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Monday, May 23, 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Things to consider:
- Only property owners of Minneapolis are eligible to participate in this program.
- You may order one tree per property, maximum of three properties.
- You cannot plant on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- Save money on energy by planting large shade trees on the west or east side of your home.
- Trees will vary in size depending on species; average between 3-8′ tall.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet away from nearby power lines and/or buildings.
- For more information, contact Karen at Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (952) 767-3886
- Alternatively, the North Minneapolis Free Tree program will again be available this year. To sign up for a free tree that will be planted by Tree Trust in the fall, please visit this page.