Tree postcards will be mailed soon! Keep an eye out for your postcard with the pick-up information for your tree. Pick-up will be held at the Minneapolis Impound Lot – 51 Colfax Ave N – at the following times:
Thursday, May 15, 5:00 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, May 17, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday, May 18, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Monday, May 19, 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Things to consider:
- Only Minneapolis property owners are eligible – this program is funded by the City of Minneapolis
- One tree per property, up to five properties (for multi-property residential or business owners)
- You may not plant your tree on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a postcard prior to the pickup dates, which will serve as your ticket to pick up your tree.
- Save money and energy by planting large shade trees on the west or east side of your home and evergreens on the north or west side of your home.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- In order to reduce future problems, large shade trees should be planted at least 20 feet away from nearby power lines, buildings, and/or driveways.
- For more information, contact Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (952) 767-3886 or email@example.com.
Picking up your tree:
City of Minneapolis Impound Lot
51 Colfax Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Thursday, May 15, 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, May 17, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday, May 18, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Monday, May 19, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Volunteers will be available to help load your tree and complimentary bag of mulch into your vehicle.
- Trees may be up to 6 feet tall, so be sure to bring a suitable vehicle.
- You may pick up your tree only during the designated times above. If you do not, you forfeit your tree and the cost. If you are unable to pick up your tree, you can have someone else pick it up for you.
- There will be no refunds for trees that are not picked up or do not survive after being removed from the pick-up location. Any remaining trees will be planted in Minneapolis’s public spaces.