The tree distribution is closed. Thank you to everyone who picked up your tree – and to all of the volunteers who assisted!
If you were not able to pick up your tree during the three scheduled days that they were available for pick up, your tree will be donated to the Minneapolis Public School system.
Thank you for your participation in the 2016 Minneapolis City Trees Sale!
Things to consider when ordering and planting your tree:
- Only property owners of Minneapolis are eligible to participate in this program.
- You may order one tree per property, maximum of three properties.
- You cannot plant on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- Save money on energy by planting large shade trees on the west or east side of your home.
- Trees will vary in size depending on species; average between 3-8′ tall.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet away from nearby power lines and/or buildings.
- Alternatively, the North Minneapolis Free Tree program will again be available this year. To sign up for a free tree that will be planted by Tree Trust in the fall, please visit this page.