The 2016 St. Louis Park Tree Sale is CLOSED.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t pick up my tree?
There will be no refunds for trees that are not picked up or do not survive after being removed from the pick-up location.
What do I need to do before I plant my tree?
It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call at least three days before digging at 651-454-0002 They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
Where can I plant my tree?
You must plant your tree on your own private property - not on the boulevard (area between sidewalk and street).
How long can the tree wait to be planted?
These trees have lived most of their lives in containers, so a few more days won’t be an issue. But, the sooner you plant the tree, the better.
What do you do with any trees that were not picked up at the tree distribution?
Any leftover trees that aren’t purchased or picked up at the end of the distribution are given to the City of St. Louis Park to be used in parks and on boulevards for everyone to enjoy.
Do you have any tips about planting my tree?
Yes – check out this flyer and video. Also, a brochure detailing proper planting methods will be available when you pick up your tree. Please read through it prior to planting your tree.
Things to consider:
- Only residents of St. Louis Park are eligible to participate in this program.
- You may order a maximum of three trees.
- Trees must be picked up on designated dates listed above or you forfeit the trees and the money you paid. Leftover trees will be planted in city parks.
- You may not plant your tree on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- Each tree will come equipped with a Plantra Tree Bark Protector to protect young trees from wildlife, winter sun scald, lawn mower and/or weed whip damage. These guards should remain on your tree for at least the first three years.
- If you want to provide your tree with the most efficient watering system around, purchase a drip irrigation bag. Simply fill the bag with water and your tree will be deeply watered over 5-8 hours.
- For more information, contact Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (952) 767-3886 or email@example.com.