- Trees are available to property owners of SLP only. Three trees per property, up to three properties.
- Trees are $35 each.
- You may not plant these trees within the space between the sidewalk and the street.
- Tree Species descriptions below.
What Happens after I buy my trees?
Trees will be available for pick up from the Municipal Services Center, 7105 Oxford Street, St. Louis Park on May 5th from 8:00 am until noon as well as May 7th from 5:00 pm until 7:00. You must pick up your tree during that time. Trees will range in size from 4 to 6’ tall and will fit inside most vehicles (SMART cars excluded). If you cannot pick up your tree during that time, you can have someone pick up the tree for you-all abandoned trees will be planted within public spaces in St. Louis Park.
Tree species below.
Things to consider:
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- Each tree will come equipped with a Plantra Tree Bark Protector to protect young trees from wildlife, winter sun scald, lawn mower and/or weed whip damage. These guards should remain on your tree for at least the first three years.
- If you want to provide your tree with the most efficient watering system around, purchase a drip irrigation bag. Simply fill the bag with water and your tree will be deeply watered over 5-8 hours.
- For more information, contact Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (952) 767-3886 or email@example.com.