If you are interested in learning more about the 2019 PLANT MORE TREES Minneapolis program, please complete
Trees will be made available to North Minneapolis and Seward residents in the Fall of 2019.
How the PLANT MORE TREES Minneapolis program works:
1. Express interest by completing the form above.
2. Attend an Open House-Style ordering event to order your trees or meet with someone from the Tree Team at your home to help you choose the best place to plant in your yard.
Open House: September 10th from 6:00-8:00 pm, North Regional Library Meeting Space (upstairs)
Open House: September 19th from 6:00-8:00 pm, North Regional Library Meeting Space (upstairs)
3. Trees will be planted at home sites on October 4th, 2019 courtesy of Autonomous Collective members and volunteers and Tree Trust. Suggested donation: $50/tree. You can donate Here.
4. Water your new tree(s) for the first 3 growing seasons following planting.
5. Enjoy your new tree(s) for many years to come!
This program was launched following the tornado disaster in 2011 so new trees could be planted into the “tornado zone”. The initial funding came from the Tree Trust Rob MacIntyre Fund which honored a great friend of Tree Trust who lost his life during clean-up following the tornado. Over the years, the program expanded to other areas of North Minneapolis and funding came from an anonymous family foundation, and other private donors. Since 2017, a collaboration of small businesses from Minneapolis calling themselves the Autonomous Collective came forward to fund the program and support their local community. They have replanted over 225 trees in North Minneapolis since 2017. They invite friends and colleagues to also support the effort to PLANT MORE TREES by making a donation.