Information for Parents and Teachers
- Tree Trust has more than 40 years of experience training young people to be successful workers.
- Youth are supervised by full-time Tree Trust staff who have received at least 80 hours of training.
- Positions are filled using a lottery system. Applicants will be notified of hiring decisions in early May. Applying does not guarantee a position.
The application will be available through March 22, 2019.
- Questions? Contact Brent Eikenhorst, Program Manager at 952-767-3880 or [email protected]
Tree Trust hires approximately 250 youth, ages 14-21, each summer as part of the Youth Conservation Corps or for Individual Employment Experiences. As part of the Youth Conservation Corps, participants work with crew leaders outside to complete park improvement projects that have real, lasting value to the community, including building retaining walls and staircases; installing paver patios; and planting trees. Participants enrolled in Individual Employment Experiences are placed in jobs in schools, nonprofit organizations, and businesses throughout the Twin Cities working in the areas of retail, food service, childcare, custodial, and administrative assistance.
All youth work an average of 20 hours per week for nine weeks from mid-June to mid-August. Limited transportation may be provided; be prepared to get to the work site on your own. Job offers are made through a lottery system – applying does not guarantee a position. Each of these employment opportunities provides a unique experience where youth earn wages (with an opportunity for a raise), develop pride in their abilities, and gain transferable skills to take to future jobs. They also have the opportunity to earn academic credit. The community benefits too; residents see improvements in their parks and recreation areas, and businesses get to draw from a competent, experienced workforce of young people.
- Be at least 14 years old and under 22 years old on date program begins.
- Have low family income, special needs and/or other barriers to employment. See the Eligibility Fact Sheet for more information
- Live in Dakota, Washington, or suburban Hennepin County (not Minneapolis).
Tree Trust is a Proud Member of: