St. Louis Park Tree Sale 2013
Tree Ordering Period Has Closed. Tree Pickup May 11th and May 13th!
Thank you for your interest in the St. Louis Park 2013 Tree Sale made available through partnership between Tree Trust and the City of St. Louis Park. Since 2010, the City of St. Louis Park has funded the St. Louis Park Tree Sale, a low-cost way to help build the city’s tree canopy. Trees are available for St. Louis Park residents, businesses, and nonprofits and must be planted on private property in the city.
TREE PICK UP INFORMATION:
- If you have pre-ordered a tree you should have received a postcard which contains pick-up information and the species ordered. This postcard which will serve as your ticket to pick up your tree. PLEASE BRING YOUR POSTCARD AT TIME OF PICK UP.
- Trees must be picked up at the Tree Trust offices (2231 Edgewood Ave. S., St. Louis Park) on Saturday, May 11 from 8 am-12 noon or Monday, May 13 from 5-7 pm. These dates are different from those published in the St. Louis Park utility bill insert, please mark your calendars.
- You must pick up your tree during the designated times. No exceptions. If you are unable to pick up your tree, you can have someone else pick it up for you.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- It’s the law to contact Gopher State One Call at least three days before digging (651-454-0002 or www.gopherstateonecall.org). They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You may not plant your tree on the boulevard (between the sidewalk and street.)
- In order to reduce future problems, large shade trees (oak, elm and spruce) should be planted at least 30′ away from nearby power lines, buildings and/or driveways.
- Trees will be anywhere from 4-8 feet tall, depending on species, be sure to bring a suitable vehicle.
- We will have trained volunteers on site to assist you in loading up your tree.
- A brochure detailing proper tree-planting methods will be available when you pick up your tree. Please read through it prior to planting!
- Each tree will come equipped with a Plantra Tree Bark Protector to protect your young tree from wildlife browse, winter sun scald, lawn mower and/or weed whip damage. These guards should remain on your tree for at least the first three years.
- Each tree will also come with one bag of mulch.
- There will be NO REFUNDS for trees that are not picked up or do not survive after being removed from the pick-up location.