Mission & History
Tree Trust was created in 1976 to address two problems in our communities: the devastation of the urban tree canopy due to Dutch elm disease and the high unemployment and poverty rates for youth and adults at the time. We began combating these issues by hiring unemployed individuals and training them to plant trees and reforest the Twin Cities. Since then, we have expanded to offer integrated JobPrep programs, community forestry and environmental education programs. Today, our mission is to improve the community environment by investing in people.
By Transforming Lives and Landscapes, our programs:
- provide meaningful opportunities for greening our local community
- give youth the chance to gain work experience, boost their self-confidence, and find positive direction
- teach practical job skills to young people to help reshape their lives
- guide young people to select and train for a career that will help them become self-sufficient
- help volunteers connect with their community and the outdoors
Learn more about Tree Trust:
- Contact Us
- Meet our Staff and Board of Directors
- Work at Tree Trust
- View our most recent Program and Annual Reports
- Volunteer with us
Making a Difference!
Tree Trust improves the community environment by investing in people. Learn more about us in this clip.