The Minneapolis Tree Lottery has closed.
Minneapolis Tree Lottery registrants: Emails were sent on March 22 to share the status of your lottery registration. Further details on the process were provided in those emails. We received nearly 3,000 entries for about 800 trees, so unfortunately everyone could not get a tree – or their first choice of tree species. We thank all those who participated in this popular program.
Questions? Contact our Forestry Department at 952-767-3886.
North Minneapolis property owners, you may be eligible for our
(Free) Trees for NoMi Program.
Things to consider when ordering and planting your tree:
- Only property owners of Minneapolis are eligible to participate in this program.
- You may order one tree per property, maximum of three properties.
- You cannot plant on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- Save money on energy by planting large shade trees on the west or east side of your home.
- Trees will vary in size depending on species; average between 3-8′ tall.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet away from nearby power lines and/or buildings.