The Minneapolis Tree Sale is closed, and pick up dates have passed. Please check back in Spring 2018.
North Minneapolis residents, The NoMi Free Trees registration is still open. Click here to learn more and register.
Things to consider when planting your tree:
- You cannot plant on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- Save money on energy by planting large shade trees on the west or east side of your home.
- Trees will vary in size depending on species; average between 3-8′ tall.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet away from nearby power lines and/or buildings.