Plant More Trees
***This program is exclusively open to Minneapolis property owners in North Minneapolis, in efforts to repair the urban canopy devastated by the tornado in 2011.***
How the Program Works:
1. Tell us you’re interested by completing our interest form.
2. We’ll connect you with our Tree Team to set up a socially-distanced discussion to help you decide the best spot and best tree for your property. We’ll also provide you with information on how to keep your tree happy and healthy into the future!
3. We’ll be planting trees in the spring and fall of 2022 thanks to a partnership with the City of Minneapolis and an Environmental Assistance grant from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.
4. Water your tree once a week for the first three summers to keep it happy and healthy!
5. Tell a neighbor or friend and we’ll PLANT MORE TREES!
If you are interested in learning more about the 2022 PLANT MORE TREES Minneapolis program, please complete our interest form.
This program was launched following the tornado disaster in 2011 so new trees could be planted into the “tornado zone.” The initial funding came from the Tree Trust Rob MacIntyre Fund which honored a great friend of Tree Trust who lost his life during clean-up following the tornado. Over the years, the program expanded to other areas of North Minneapolis and funding came from an anonymous family foundation and other private donors replanting over 1,500 trees. Since 2017, a collaboration of small businesses from the Twin Cities metro calling themselves the Autonomous Collective came forward to fund the program and help rebuild the local tree canopy. This effort has added another 225 trees to North Minneapolis. In 2021, with funding through a partnership with the City of Minneapolis and a grant from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, we hope to plant 100 trees in the fall of 2021 and spring of 2022.