If you are interested in learning more about the 2019 North Minneapolis Trees program, please complete this form. Trees will be made available to North Minneapolis residents in the Fall of 2019.
How the PLANT MORE TREES North Minneapolis program works:
1. Express interest by completing the form above.
2. Attend an ordering event to order your trees or meet with someone from the Tree Team at your home to help you choose the best place to plant in your yard.
3. Trees are planted at home sites at a specified date in the fall courtesy of Tree Trust and Autonomous Collective volunteers.
4. Water your new tree(s) for the first 3 growing seasons following planting.
5. Enjoy your new tree(s) for many years to come!
This program was launched following the tornado disaster in 2011 so new trees could be planted into the “tornado zone”. The initial funding came from the Tree Trust Rob MacIntyre Fund which honored a great friend of Tree Trust who lost his life during clean-up following the tornado. Over the years, the program expanded to other areas of North Minneapolis and funding came from an anonymous family foundation, and other private donors. In 2017, a collaboration of small businesses from Minneapolis calling themselves the Autonomous Collective came forward to fund the program and support their local community. They invite friends and colleagues to also support the effort to PLANT MORE TREES by making a donation. Donate here.