If you are a resident of North Minneapolis you have an additional option for getting a tree in 2017!The (Free) Trees for NoMi Program is back for another year!
To apply for a FREE TREE to be planted on your property this fall, fill out the brief survey here.
How the Trees for NoMi program works:
1. Complete the survey above to indicate you are interested in receiving a tree through this program.
2. Attend a workshop this summer to find out the best place to plant your tree for maximum environmental benefit and learn how to care for your new tree.
3. Order your tree at the workshop.
4. Choose the best location for your tree.
5. A trees is planted on your property this fall courtesy of Tree Trust volunteers.
6. Care for your tree as you learned in the workshop.
7. Enjoy your new tree for many years to come!
This program was launched following the tornado disaster in 2011 so new trees could be planted into the “tornado zone”. The initial funding came from the Tree Trust Rob MacIntyre Fund which honored a great friend of Tree Trust who lost his life during clean-up following the tornado. Over the years, the program expanded to other areas of NoMi and funding came from an anonymous family foundation, and then Covanta HERC. Recently, a collaboration of small businesses from Minneapolis who wish to give back to the community have come forward to fund the program. Thanks to all of these partners (shown below) that make this program possible!