The Minneapolis Tree Sale will return March 16, 2020!
**New for 2020**
No Lottery-More Trees
I M P O R T A N T D A T E S
March 16 – March 22, 2020
2,000 trees* will be available to Minneapolis property owners in Greenzones AND landlords in any area of the City with a valid Rental License
(up to 10 different rental addresses)
March 23-April 15, 2020
Remaining trees will be available to Minneapolis property owners who have not purchased a tree through this program for the last 3 years
April 15-May 1, 2020
(or until sold out-whichever comes first)
Any remaining trees after April 15, 2020 will be available for all property owners to purchase regardless of historical participation.
* Trees available will be smaller in size (#5 and #7 container trees) than those of previous years in order to make more trees available to more property owners!
- Things to Consider:
- Trees must be pre-ordered, a link will be provided ahead of the start of sale-check back for updates!
- Trees are $25 each. First come, first served. One tree per address, up to 10 properties for aforementioned, permitted rental property owners.
- Trees are ONLY available to Minneapolis property owners.
- Trees planted through this program MUST be planted on private property not within the boulevard or MPRB Right of Way.
- Trees will be available for pickup at the Minneapolis Impound Lot, 51 Colfax Avenue North. You (or someone on your behalf) must pick up your tree during this time-No Exceptions.
- May 16: 8:00 am until 4:00 pm
- May 17: 8:00 am until 4:00 pm
- May 18: 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm
- It’s the law to contact Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet from power lines and/or buildings.
- Did you know you can save money on energy by planting your trees on the east or west side of your home?
- For more information, please contact Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Team at 952.767.3886 or [email protected]