Our Young Adult Conservation Corps (YACC) is a job training program that offers a hands-on work experience in environmental improvement projects, maintaining green spaces, property maintenance, and landscape construction work. Participants also receive support through individualized case management, Employment Readiness Training, and follow-up services after they complete the YACC program. Participants join to earn money while discovering a defined career path that’s unique to them. If you are 18-24 years old, enjoy working with your hands, and love being outdoors, join us!
Tree Trust is committed to safety. Click here to learn more about Tree Trust’s response to COVID-19.
About the ProgramWe accept applicants at an on-going basis. Our programs are year-round where individuals work for 3 months with the ability to extend up to 9 months. Program participants work a total of 30 hours per week with opportunities to earn raises and program bonuses. Participants work in the field (property maintenance, landscaping, construction, tree care) Monday-Thursday, and go through Employment Readiness Training (resume, cover letter, budgeting, time management, communication) on Fridays. Transportation to work sites is included; you must be able to get to central transportation pick up sites.
A unique part of this program includes specialized follow-up services available to participants after leaving YACC. Individualized case management services encourage young adults to follow their career passion and we are able to offer credentialing opportunities, application fees for higher education, books, and assistance with job placement.
EligibilityYoung adults interested in the YACC program must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24
- Have the ability to work 30 hours/week
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- At or below a certain income level
- Behind in math or reading level
- Have an individual education plan
- Currently or previously in foster care
- Diagnosed disability
- Pregnant or parenting
- Interaction with the legal system
- Be eligible to work in the US and have proper work ID
- Be willing to work outdoors during all weather conditions
- Have a great attitude, willingness to learn, and an interest in improving their skills
If you have questions or need help applying, contact our Outreach Coordinator via email.
Tree Trust is a Proud Member of: